They used to come
in the dead of night.
I was afraid of my dreams.
But demons,
Demons have no shame.
Now,
they tap my shoulder in the morning.
Now,
they mock me with the sun.
Because they know
I will turn away
Because I'm too busy
trying to stay astray
from them.
When what I really want to do
is stay under the covers
because monsters forget
you have a great hiding spot.
But I rise
Just to be sure I'm still alive.

But no matter,
"Free ride, get in her hide
maybe today we'll eat her alive.
Enter at her fingertips
run through her veins,
make her think that today is the same,
as any other day
as every other day
where she will try her best to shake distress
but there's still hell to pay."

I walk past strangers,
I smile and say
"I hope you have a marvelous day."
God forgive me,
I know I said I'd never lie
but there's no reason for them to feel the same as I.

I guess the first step in recovery
Is admitting you need help.

Friday, December 4, 2015 Posted in | , , , , , | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Admission"

Write a comment