I give myself just a moment
to ride the last of the tide
before it retreats for the night.
Reach for the sunlight
as it creeps over the horizon.
Just one more time.
To feel your warmth surround me.

I am so desperate
to have another millisecond
with the ones that mean the most.
In the place I am most at peace
Before I return to the battlegrounds,
When I'll return, I can't say...

...The past
can haunt you.
Or it can remind you
of where you come from.
It can foretell the future,
if you listen closely.
It can rewrite you, define you,
or remind you
to never be defined
by what happened.

But by what will happen.
By what you decide to do,
Who you decide to be...

...But you,
You are not my past,
You are my future.
I have not met you before,
But my smile
is reflected in yours.

One more time
I say goodbye to the tide,
for you will be anew tomorrow,
But forever we will be together.
For even when I walk away
You will be steadfast when I return.


Sunday, December 27, 2015 Posted in | , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Just a Minute (Between Friends)"

Write a comment