I

Gangster by nature, undercover crack head
Away from the highways and byways
More like the alleyways to the gutter
To the streets of Calcutta
Nicknamed city of joy
You could only imagine what moves through these ports, boy
Oldest in operation, perpetuate desperation
For another hit, anything to get me through the day
When I don’t have to face the desert rain
That never falls to bless me it stings my heart
But the rest is blessed to be getting the rain the falls from the Serengeti.
But I will avoid everything because I know my heartstrings are knotted and frayed
Because it was my family I most betrayed.


II
Tap into your memory
Look into my eyes and remember me.
Not as who I was but who I am today.
Make sure you draw each line in ink
Because I promise I will never change.
Back to that one who drove a wedge between him and the ones he loved.
I’m in this for the long run, like a marathon athlete.
That trains in the mountains where the air is thin,
But when I come to sea level
I won’t fall into the sea and never be able to breathe again.
I’ll swim with the sharks
Deal poor fortunes for the parasitic wildlife
That feed off of them.

Monday, September 24, 2012 Posted in | , , | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "More to the Story"

Write a comment