I do not have time for sexy
if it means I do not dance.
I am far too strong
Too fly
for that shit.
My body is too strong
to only look like
it knows what its doing
by the bar,
less then half the time.
My thighs are too strong
for a two step.
My arms are too strong
to sway side to side.

I am too lost
between the bars and the beat
to be held up
by you
who want to grab my hand
and assume
I will press myself
up against you
hot and tight
only for you
not to be able to keep up
with my hips
that move side to side
and invade your space
just enough
for you to feel comfortable.

Instead,
simply ask-
If I may welcome you
into my pure,
unadulterated,
Ecstasy.

My euphoria lies
in conditioning my body
to endure like a Spartan.
My arms hold my balance
grabbing the air
as if there was something there.
I will push my legs
to the very limits
as they question
their existence
as thighs or
pillars to the Colosseum,
My hips
you know
the ones passed from the Goddesses
yeah, those.
My center
your guiding light
through a set
of Salsa
Bachata
Merengue
Dancehall
Reggae
and everything in between.

If you are brave,
we can sweat together
get lost together.
Because I do not have time for you
if it means I do not dance.

I'm far too fly
for that shit.






Monday, October 14, 2013 Posted in | , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Too Fly"

Write a comment