I cannot deny how I felt when I was around you and even when you're not here with me. A light you left behind from your eyes brightened my world and your shadow kept me warm at night. You were always on my mind and I couldn't seem to escape the lovely thoughts we made together. Even in the middle of the night I would awake at the sight of your face and fall back to sleep when I knew you were dreaming of me too. You smiled and my world was alright. Everything was alright...

Now all I am left with is a hollowed out shell of what was once your place in my heart and a mere echo your voice and laughter. At night only thing that makes me is a nightmare which I am unable to fall asleep after. With everything you told me I wonder if it is you who is unwilling to reach out for me or someone is holding you back. There is a way to call out my name and let me know you are still there. Either way, you promised me I wouldn't cry... You were right for a while.. I didn't shed a tear. But then one day the storm I had tried so hard to fight off came and shook my body into a sleep. Every heave of my chest sent me further into the why's and how's of the moment. When I awoke, the storm was over, but the damage of the broken promises and uprooted memories plagued me. I was left alone to repair my broken heart alone...

You have become another statistic in my life, another time my heart will be mended, though it will take time. You are the one I look at with pity because I would have loved you with all that I had. You couldn't find a better love than that. No matter what you said to me, you threw me to the back and left me out in the cold to mend myself. You are nothing. Nothing but another lesson learned. I will not cry for you. When, or even if I cry, it will be for me. You will no longer control my feelings or hold a cloud over my head in the brightest day. The rays of the sun will shine on me and kiss my face with memories of my childhood, and ambition for the future. Too many times I have said goodbye, you told me. Yet I stand here saying the same thing to you. Goodbye, love. Goodbye.

Friday, April 9, 2010 Posted in | , | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "If You've Ever Had Your Heart Broken"

Write a comment