It was something unexpected when I saw your eyes that day.
Something was familiar, though what it was I couldn't say.
Your lips took me away, into another world
Where your kiss can take a grain of sand and change it to a pearl.
Your eyes are the stars in the midnight sky
Even when clouds surround you, they're impossible to hide.
I want to explore every mark on the palm of your hand
Because every square inch of you is unmarked land.
Your smile is a reflection of the way my heart sings
And your body gives off heat that only the sun could bring.

Infatuated with the thought of you laying beside me.
Your head on my chest and your breath on my neck provide me
A memory of you that transcends to my dreams
Where the darkness of night is broken by moonbeams
And when I look up and see every star in the sky
I will remember the light in your eyes.
Or is it mine, cause you see
I could stay awake all night, just to watch you sleep...

...I awoke to find it was all a dream
To realize that nothing is what it seems.
You said you would wait at the foot of the gate,
I guess when I took the chance, I was too late.
I opened up the gate to find nobody there,
Only the piece of my heart you left behind: naked, cold, and bare.
No protection wrapped around it- no phone call, no goodbye,
Nothing but a broken promise- you said you'd never make me cry.

The walls began to break and then the water flooded in,
The earth began to shake and I sank to the bottom of the ocean.
I drowned for a minute, choking on the water,
Then something pulled me up, without hesitance or falter.
Filled with love and kindness, we were worlds apart.
They thought nothing of it, but it really saved my heart.
To value myself on someone else's terms is difficult to measure,
Because someone's trash is another person's treasure.

Sunday, April 25, 2010 Posted in | , | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Rags to Riches"

Write a comment